Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Day in the life of a soon-to-be-senior technician

So my loves, i have been m.i.a for a while now and i totally miss having the time to sit and blog my heart out lol.. These days my time is shared between going to site (i'll explain) and producing contract drawings. Yes, you guessed right..i work for a civil engineering,architecture and consultancy company. I'm more on the 'architectural' side, where im currently working as a junior technician and my job includes producing contract drawings using the archiCAD software (which is totally awesome and makes my job easy)
 This is how a typical floor plan of the building looks like and is how the '3D" looks like
And this baby right here is my command station

So apart from drawing building plans, i've also started going on site. Site is where the building is brought to life, it is where the actual work is done
That's me sticking my tongue out haha.. this is how a typical site looks like. They've just finished digging the foundation and that guy with the wheelbarrow is about to pour the 'blinding'.
And this beautiful lady with the fierce hairstyle is my co-worker and mentor, Awa Fofana, She's a senior technician who is patient, always willing to give a helping hand when i get stuck with my work and gives me the best advice when i feel like giving up! love u awa!! 
Thats Fatou, who is also a  junior technician like me. She's the one doing the actual supervision on this particular site,im learning from her too. I always have a blast when im on site with her!! lol..we talk about EVERYTHING!!

So you see guys? No time!! I miss my idle days..OFF TO SITE!! toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment