Thursday, May 5, 2011

Food!! :) brings back memories of primary school

Hey loves!! So I was in sutusinjang lower basic school (its in the fonis) doing some land surveying work with my boss and colleagues yesterday, 4/05/2011 and guess what I saw when the bell rang for break time..FOOD!!
Dunno if any of y'all were lucky enough to have experienced this during your primary school days but I did!! "Food" as students fondly called it is a meal programme provided for basic cycle schools in The Gambia by the World Health Organisation (W.H.O).. I think it has to do with making sure kids get a balance diet.. and am guessing, in the rural area, it's also a way of encouraging parents to send their kids to school.
Anyway, when i saw the kids lining up, washing their hands with soap and water while been assisted by their teacher, it brought back sooooo many memories LOL!! Cuz i remember how excited I would be especially on wednesdays when they'd cook benechin with "cornbeef" and fridays when they prepared huge pancakes!!  And we'd divide ourselves in groups of 5 or 6 so the "cool kids" would share a bowl and well.. the 'others' would be in their own group LOL!! So childish now that i think about it... I miss my old school, Bakau New town primary truly!! chaaaaa!!! Its a shame now that they've stopped providing "food" for urban government schools really! The kids here are missing out on a great experience!! Check out the pics of the Sutusinjang Lower basic kids :)

Line up!! haha... if i wasn't so busy i would've joined! serious!
I was extra happy that hygiene is a priority!! Bravo sutusinjang lbs!!


And the best part?? Each kid gets a plate of their own...my time?? we were placed in like groups of 5, one bowl!! im jealous lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment